Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stroll around the neighborhood

I got home a little bit earlier yesterday so I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood along with the camera. If I remember correctly this is the third time in one and a half year that I’m walking in Chennai. I did it two times in the beginning then I started to use the auto (alias tuk tuk) for doing small errands but for the past three months I have driven myself. WHAT? Are you driving yourself? You wanna get killed you stupid moron?

Well, it’s not as difficult as people think; all you need to know is that anything can happen at any time. Basic driving in India is the following; keep one foot on top of the brake, one foot on the gas and keep one hand at the horn and then gas/break/horn, gas/break/horn; you repeat this X number of times and then you’re driving in India, simple!

Anyway got some picture of my hood which is shown below.

Afternoon traffic rush is starting

Man trying to cross the street in his eye catching shirt

Symmetry in the chaos of traffic

Guardian monster at Adyar Bridge

Local bus station

Street dog is relaxing in a pile of sand

No comments:

Post a Comment