Thursday, March 12, 2009

Srinivasan - My Driver

Conversation between me and Srinivasan today at the office. He has just brought the lunch to my cabin and puts the food on the table and looks at me:

- Sir, you like chicken?
- Eeeee......what?
- Yes, accident happen on high way with chickens. Some driver dropped cage of chicken babies on the road. I stopped and help him catch them......
- OK..........eeeee......good.
- .....and driver didn't didn't catch four of them. He's in very much hurry. I took in car and bring to factory in car; no problem for you sir?
- Not really, is the car clean now
- Yes, very clean
- OK, good, now I have to eat lunch. I'm very hungry.
- OK sir, thank you sir.

He's leaving the room with a big smile. 6 PM I'm leaving work and the car heads back to city. After ten minutes in the car I here this chirping sound but I can't really locate were it's coming from; I lower the sound of the radio but the sound is still there.

- Srinivas, what is that sound? Is it your phone?
- It's baby chicken sir, they are in back of car!
- Eeeeeee.........you gonna take the chicken home?
- Yes sir, my wife like babie chicken to much!
- You're gonna eat the chicken or what?
- NO SIR! Pet, at home, very cute!

When we reach the apartement; Srinivasan opens the trunk and in the bottom of a box there's four small brown chickens sleeping just like small chickens can do. Very cute.


2 comments: