Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Feeling home sick

This Friday I'm leaving for Sweden, arriving lunch time at Copenhagen Airport and then another 1.5 hour by car until I reach Home Sweet Home in Lilla Tjarby. It's kind of funny how my mind works when it comes to feeling home sick. Normally I don't think much about Sweden and all the things that happens in Sweden. Of course I miss my girfriend, I'm not a monster, but you can't go around thinking about that all the time; then you go nuts. I talk 'regularly' with Jessica, my parents, my grandfather and friends and that's it; but when I have five or less days until departure I get very nervous and anxious about going home.

My worst fear is to miss the connecting flight in Frankfurt. Just the thought about spending another five hours at one of the most boring airports in the world makes me sick. Standing in the last security check queue at Terminal 1, knowing that the German security personal wants too make your life miserable, makes my even more nervous. If think that everyone single on of those German security officers has a degree in 'How to be unpleasant and rude to foreigners who just want's to catch their connection flight in time'.

Anyway, my new passport has reached Chennai, it took 12 working days from the day I took new photographs at the Swedish Embassy in Dehli until it arrived here in Chennai. IN YOURS FACE INDIAN IMMIGRATION AND PASSPORT OFFICE! Now I only need the 'Return VISA' stamp in the passport; papers filed, approved, getting stamp on Thursday; and then I'm ready for take off.

Introducing Mr. Snuggles, cat and one 'ell of furball.

Over and Out!

1 comment:

  1. Jag håller Fullständigt med dig om Frankfurt!
    Ha det så jätte härligt i Sverige landet och njuuut

    ReplyDelete