Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fun in Varkalla

My sister and here friend has been in India for a couple of days now. Landed in Chennai, went to Keralla (Munnar, Allepey, Varkalla) and now back in Chennai again. I will retell one of many funny anecdote from their trip.

At the hotel in Varkalla my sister ordered an 'Ice Cream Sandwich' from the room service menu. She was kind of expecting ice cream with a sweet baked cracker on each side but of course this what not the case. What came into the room was ice cream but instead of a cracker on each side; she got normal bread with vanilla ice cream in the middle! How funny isn't that? First thing I asked was: 'Was the bread even toasted?' and the answer was: 'No, plain bread directly from the bag with ice cream in between'

Just imagine the brain storming between the two Indians doing the room service menu:
- When I was in Europe I saw that they had something called 'Ice Cream Sandwich'!
- Ohhhh, isn't that a very strange combination? Bread and ice cream?
- Nooo, noo....European very funny people......eating a lot of strange things.
- Ohhhh, very smart thinking. Lets put it on the menu, it will be a success I think.

Only in India my friends, only in India.....

Over and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment